This sounds like a lot of fun!
First the rules -
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
- I am non-confrontational. Even when I write posts that I know are controversial. I keep worrying till the last moment. And after publishing I dread the first comments .... But I can't NOT publish such posts.
- I can never hate any animal. Not even snakes or pigs. In fact I love them more because they are hated for no fault of theirs, and they cannot even speak for themselves. I have picked up many snakes, and seen many being smoked out of their habitat and killed ... often non-poisonous ones.
- I believe in the power of tolerance- really and truly. I think if we stop being tolerant the world will end.
I have nursed back to life many cats and kittens. Including our Sher Khan. And I have found they understand much more than we give them credit for and they love you right back :)
- Sometimes I go out of my way to say things that will shock people .. like telling a narrow minded relative or friend something to scandalize her/him. It isn't entirely light hearted, there is always that hope that maybe they will change their mind if we start a discussion and they heard the other side of the story...
- I love sketching and painting. I can make my own portrait without looking in the mirror. That's the height of vanity?! (or the only model available with enough free time?)
- I think I am tactful, but occasionally am told I am not ... this puzzles me, because I do try ....
- I love clothes... but live in comfortable shorts, track bottoms or jeans. And sports shoes - no high heels.
- I have a great bunch of wonderful life long friends, sometimes we have been out of touch for years, and then we meet again like we were together all this time ... and now technology makes it easier.
- But I have hardly ever had friends who walk in and out of each others houses, without calling first ...
- I don't dislike people for how they dress or how rich or poor or educated they are - (though communication skills count) ... I have a zero sense of social hierarchy .. . but I can never like someone who can kick a dog.
- If my house was on fire and all the family and pets were safe, I would pick my laptop while running out ... what will you pick?
- I am a good listener, I also love to talk. I love long conversations, discussions, debates... I can even chat with tele marketing guys.
- In class 2, our Hindi teacher caught me reading Champak in class and snatched it, I later saw her son, in the same class reading it, I still have not forgotten or forgiven her :)
- I used to tell a story a day to my siblings, and they could be blackmailed for those stories, they were easy to please too. But today I can' t make stories like the Ordinary Indian can... :)
- I am suspicious of people who discuss other people's personal lives.
- Am super paranoid about my privacy.
- I am a party person, and ... I can never not dance if the music is even reasonably good. I am not a good dancer, but we have won prizes for being the first on the floor. Including one, a month before my daughter was born :)
- I once helped organise a fashion show competition in college - I made so many posters and got friends to put them in their colleges too ... all over the city, the college was eventually over crowded and they feared a riot like situation ... some of the participants backed out. So I know sometimes too much publicity can be bad too.
- I wanted to start a Newsletter of my own, I had even spoken to a printer to see how could the paper be self supporting ... I had named it 'The Missing Link'. It remains on some CD somewhere.
- I can't eat when I am stressed or unhappy.
- I am not a foodie. I eat only when hungry and forget eating if preoccupied...
- I am cautious.
- I pestered the, teachers to participate in every activity in school and in class VI I had the grand role of Green Pea I had to stand behind the King Mango and hold a broom like fan - no dialogues, no movements but I got a new green overall made just for that role :)
- I don't generally lie ... though I feel it is okay to lie sometimes, I don't ... my Mom thought I would have a tough time surviving in this 'wicked' world, but I manage fine.
Some blogs tell us a lot about the bloggers, some tell us nothing much! I would love to know 25 facts, goals, habits or random things about these bloggers whose blogs seem to tell nothing much about themselves:)
Chirag, Anrosh, Nimmy, Kaafir (only a commenter), Charakan, 1conoclast, Quirky Indian, Shilpa, Vikas Gupta, Bones, Chikki, Trailblazer, Surbhi, Biju Mathews, Usha Pisharody, Mashed Musings, Smitha and RV.
And then I think it would be great to read what their lists will contain! Although they (like me) have blogs that tell us a lot more about themselves ...
Indyeah, Solilo, D, Pixie, Shail, Mampi, Rakesh, Pinku, Dhiren, Smita, Mandira and Sahaja.
(Will link now, one at a time ...)