Saturday, August 2, 2008

User profile was not loaded correctly...

"User profile was not loaded correctly. You have been logged on with a temporary profile.Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see the event log for details or contact your administrator"

I have been troubled by this message on my computer, for past few days, when I attempted to start it: ( ....I knew this was going to happen again when the Computer said, it is "Preparing your Desktop...." while starting. Then you get this error message!
This meant all book marked pages, all settings, saved passwords and user names, Incredimail/Thunderbird/Mozilla Firefox are all like you are using them for the first time- nothing is saved, and nothing can be saved now, until you solve this problem.
At first a restart helped, but the same thing happened again next morning.
For other Vista users, or anybody else who is facing the same problem, the solution was found in Vista Forums, at http://www.vistax64.com/vista-installation-setup/79208-vista-user-profile-not-loaded-correctly.html

AND THE SOLUTION,
Go to Computer - Vista C- Right Click - Choose Properties - Tools - Check Now - Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors- Choose Start and wait for around half an hour. When it's done, restart your computer. Hopefully it will restart normally :) Mine did.

4 comments:

Aarti said...

Yikes!! this is scary.. am using a Vista, but touch wood, outside of the rare hanging threats nothing else has happened!! shall remember the link u've given or some screaming for help!! :)

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

Well, thats very unlike an Indian homemaker.
...hang on this comment is not meant to be chauvinistic.

Anonymous said...

dump vista. stay with XP.

Indian Home Maker said...

aarti Vista's been great for me except this recently, so I am actually very happy with it. And if there are problems like this I don't mind. What I fear (touch wood) are serious hard disk collapse and lost data - it happened once, a few years ago with Windows 98, and I hope I never face it again.

Sujoy Bhattacharjee - Sweeping generalisations can confuse :) Only veli Indian homemakers have so much time on their hands, I would say.

philip True Vista can cause worry but then trasparent windows, live thumbnails, icons and animations...aren't they good? And just after this episode when the comp had restarted, somehow during the trial and error, the screen saver changed to 'Photos and videos' and I was in the kitchen and suddenly I see on the screen two random pictures - one a family pic of all of us, and the other a cat chasing a paper ball..it was moving, one was a still shot, another was MOVING. I hadn't realised this could be done :)Now that the trouble is over I think it was worth it :)(Though I am keeping my fingers crossed...)