Tagged by Imp's Mom :) Just needed an excuse to talk about myself, here goes...
Eight things I am passionate about:
1. My family ... support, love, acceptance, no judgment...lots of freedom and space...
2. Photography: Loved taking pictures all my life, am not good at it, but ever since I remember I have been taking pictures...as a teenager I used to spend all my pocket money in buying film rolls and then getting them printed.
3. Animal Rights: They cannot speak for themselves, if we don’t who will?
4. Reading: Includes Harry Potter, Gregor the Overlander, Narnia series...and before that Bambi, The Lady and the Tramp, Black Beauty, The Naughtiest Girl is Monitor, Fatty, Larry, Buster, ‘George and Fred’...Also ‘Rich dad Poor dad’, which left the kids totally uninterested. And colourful, glossy magazines, gorgeous interiors, Astrology...
5. Blogging : )
6. My own time: Need my own time and space in generous daily doses.
7. Justice Equality Ethics Human Rights: Humans include women : )
8. Writing Diaries, journals, never-posted letters describing boring details of Daughter’s/Son’s newest achievements, when they were babies; ‘to do lists’; ‘Self Improvement Lists’; Goals for 2003, 2008, 2014...; detailed plans for dinners, birthday parties, what gifts, what return gifts, how much butter for how many rolls...
Eight things I want to do before I die:
1. Spend lazy Saturdays, playing scrabble in our favourite club, while Husband plays golf, and then have a hearty lunch under the open sky and coconut palms, watching the sea. Go home for an afternoon siesta and come back for Dance and Dinner in the evening....Not so simple, it isn’t, with all our pets, to do this we need to move to Mumbai!
2. Drive to Bombay via Mumbai-Pune Express Highway.
3. Open an Animal Shelter
4. Travel by road all over India.
5. Say Bollywood style goodbyes to all who matter.
6. Watch my kids settled and happy.
7. Watch better laws enacted to give women truly equal status in this country.
8. Watch the situation of women in all the countries where they are treated badly improve, (the way it has happened in Afghanistan) oh then I will die in peace!
Eight things I say often:
1.Thank god for blogging, wish I had started earlier!
2. I think you need to straighten your room!
3. Have you reached there? Give me a missed call...
4. Let me call and ask my mom!
5. Thank God!
6. I guess I have to accept some weight? Don’t want to look like a witch!
7. Another few years and they’ll both be out! (We won’t sit and cry, we will stay six months in India and three months wherever they go, three months traveling, just like the neighbours in number 05...)
8. I am not addicted to blogging!
Eight books I have read recently:
1. A suitable Boy - Vikram Seth
2. Panchali’s Mahabharta - C B Divakaruni
3. The Curious Incident of the dog in the night time
- Mark Haddon
4. A Thousand Splendid Suns- Khaled Hosseini
5.The witch of Portobello Paulo Coelho
6. Interpreter of maladies- Jhumpa Lahiri
7. Atlas Shrugged (a re-read)- Ayn Rand
8. Where the heart is- Billie Letts
And a 9. Planet Polygamus - Shinie Anthony
(still reading )
Eight songs I could listen to over and over:
There are many, many favourites. Quite a few are old favourites, from the days when we spent a lot, if not all our spare time listening to, collecting and sharing music. Friday evenings we were glued to the radio, listening to Ranganath Setlur on a ‘A Date With You’, and we loved to hear, not just our requests, but also our name on it. ‘In The Groove’ was another favorite, at 8 05 PM every day, just after the Sports News.
1. Boyzone - Words
2. Roger Whittaker - Disillusioned Fool
3. Door gagan ki chao mein- ‘Aaa Chal ke tujhe mein leke chaloon, ek aise gagan ke tale’
4. U2 - With or Without you
5. Carpenters - Top of the world, and the less popular ‘Sweet Sweet Smile’
6. Lobo - It sure took a long, long time/I’d love you to want me
8. Beatles - With a little help from my friends, actually anything by Beatles.
Eight things that attract me to my friends:
I have done this here.
Four people I think should do this tag:
...and anybody else who fancies this tag :)
Edited to add small print : Tags are not compulsory, do them only if you like. Will be delighted if you came back here and let me know you've done it :)